Benefits of membership include:
– Free listing in our national referral directory
– Ability to take part in conversations on member-only email lists for committees, chapters, and regions
– Eligibility to vote in Guild elections and propose organizational resolutions
– Eligibility to apply for fellowships, such the Weinglass and Haywood Burns Memorial Fellowships
– Discounts for our annual national convention and it’s CLEs
– Subscriptions to our publications, Guild Notes and NLG Review, and eligibility to submit articles for both
– Media exposure for your Guild-related work
– Most importantly, developing connections with a community of radical legal professionals!
Where do your membership dues go?
A portion of your dues goes to sustaining the National Office, and these dollars are what keep the organization going by helping us produce publications, coordinate the annual convention, and organize national campaigns. We are 100% membership funded, which means we are GRASSROOTS and MEMBER DRIVEN. The other portion of membership dues are redistributed to local chapters and region to facilitate on-the-ground work and convenings like Regional Conventions.