The NLG is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant!
About the NLG
The NLG is dedicated to the need for basic change in the structure of our political and economic system. We seek to unite the lawyers, law students, legal workers and jailhouse lawyers to function as an effective force in the service of the people, to the end that human rights shall be regarded as more sacred than property interests.
The NLG is seeking an Administrative Assistant to perform various administrative duties to support communications, membership and fundraising efforts as well as the smooth functioning of the office. Reporting to the National Office Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing general office and administrative tasks for multiple departments and for providing support for the Managing Director of the National Lawyers Guild Foundation.
This part-time position (21 hours/ week) requires a detail-oriented person with strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a small office environment. The ability to complete intricate, sometimes tedious tasks with minimal supervision is essential. Experience working with WordPress and/or CiviCRM or a similar database is preferred but not required.
- Assist in preparing for annual convention- including registration, fundraising and organization
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled fundraising, membership, and publication mailings
- Assist with writing, proofing and production of communications and materials
- Process donations
- Update and maintain member and donor database
- Maintain filing systems
- Oversee general office issues and needs, including ordering office supplies and coordinating service for any equipment maintenance or repair.
- Reply to general information requests
- Manage listservs and subscriptions
- Assist with research projects as needed
- Provide logistical support for meetings and conventions, including assisting with materials, registration, and promotion
- Update and organize website content, including resources and publications
- Update and maintain Board Materials
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support to management and other staff as needed
- 1-3 years office experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a successfully demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituencies
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and CiviCRM preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must work out of the National Office in New York City
Salary and Benefits
The National Lawyers Guild is a member of the National Organization of Legal Service Workers, UAW Local 2320. This is a 21-hour/week position with a salary of $22 per hour. Excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance and four weeks paid vacation.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, writing (or other “project”) sample, and list of 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2017.
The National Lawyers Guild is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. People of color, trans people, women, people with intersex conditions or DSDs, people who have lived in poverty, people with disabilities, immigrants, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and queer people are strongly encouraged to apply.