Every spring, the NLG organizes regional conferences to bring together attorneys, law students, legal workers, allies and activists across the country. Featuring panels, trainings, workshops, and social events on topics of interest to the progressive and radical legal community, regional conferences also provide the opportunity to build community and strategize for the struggles ahead. NLG regional conferences are open to all, so non-NLG members are welcome (although you’ll probably be convinced to join by the end)!
2020 NLG Regional Conferences
(Details and additional regional conferences are TBA and will be posted to this page.)
NORTHEAST REGIONAL CONFERENCE
Dear Northeast Members,
We are sad to report that due to the continuing and unpredictable spread of the coronavirus across the Northeast Region, we have decided to reschedule the Northeast Regional Conference planned for March 28, 2020 to October, 2020. We are acting out of an abundance of caution to ensure the well-being of our members and the host campus of UConn School of Law. All registrations will be fully refunded. Please be on the lookout for registration materials in the near future. We look forward to seeing you in October 2020.
Yours in Solidarity,
Northeast Region Vice Presidents:
Nate Fox, Yoana Kuzmova & Shahily Negron-Falcon
Friday, 4/3-Sunday, 4/5
Marquette University – Milwaukee, WI
Agenda coming soon!
PAST REGIONAL CONFERENCES
TEXOMA REGIONAL CONFERENCE
Sparky Pocket Park – Austin, TX
- 11:00 – 11:15 am: Welcome/Registration/Introductions
- 11:15 am: Daphne Silverman – representing activists and other lessons from Standing Rock
- 12:15 pm: lunch and business/elections
- 12:45 pm: new LO manual highlights – how legal observers fit into your legal teams
- 1:15 pm Moira Meltzer Cohen – Ethics of Joint Representation (.5 hour ethics)
- 2:15 pm – skills sharing discussion on how to fund activist defense
- 2:45 pm – announce officers/wrap up