[UPDATE] Watch the full recording of the webinar here, and watch additional NLG webinars here!
Thursday, May 14 | 3:30 pm ET / 12:30 pm PT
REGISTER ONLINE: bit.ly/NLGHousingWebinar
From rent strikes to the occupation of vacant homes, from encampments self-organizing to provide mutual aid to growing demands to cancel rent and decommodify housing, movements for housing justice are rapidly expanding in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. Hear from organizers at the forefront of radical housing movements of tenants and the unhoused, and the movement lawyers supporting the call for housing justice.
Sponsored by the NLG Housing and Homelessness Committee
- Hannah Adams, Attorney and Board Member of Jane Place Neighborhood Sustainability Initiative; NLG Louisiana member
- Kenia Alcocer, Co-Director of Union de Vecinos and organizer with the Los Angeles Tenants Union
- Nicole Deane, Oakland Lead Organizer, ACCE
- Alicia Kuhl, President of the Santa Cruz Chapter of the California Homeless Union
- Anthony Prince, Legal Counsel to the California Homeless Union and the National Union of the Homeless; NLG Housing & Homelessness Committee Co-Chair
- Leah Simon-Weisberg, Legal Director for Anti-Displacement and Land Use Programs, ACCE; NLG SF Bay Area member
- Frank Southhall, Lead Organizer, Jane Place Neighborhood Sustainability Initiative and the New Orleans Renters Rights Assembly
- Jackie Zaneri, Tenants’ Rights Staff Attorney at Centro Legal de la Raza