University of Oregon NLG Chapter
NLG students at University of Oregon hosted three events: Keynote Address: Andrea Ritchie; Decriminalization Panel; Restorative Justice Panel.
University of Connecticut Law NLG Chapter
Loyola-New Orleans NLG will be hosting multiple events, including an Incarcerated Persons Art Exhibit, a presentations on Access to Information for Incarcerated People, Pre-Trial Bonds in CT, and Narcan Training and Criminalization of Addiction.
More information about their events can be found in their zine.
Denver Law NLG Chapter
Denver Law NLG is hosting an “Ending the School to Prison Pipeline” panel, an “Abolition 101” panel, a Narcan training, and a movie screening throughout the week.
You can keep up with them on Twitter @NLGatDenverLaw
University of Illinois NLG Chapter
NLG students at University of Illinois will be hosting three events: No Cages: The Horrors of the Carceral System and Imagining Alternatives; Midwest Books to Prisoners; and a Chicago NLG LO Training.
University of North Carolina NLG Chapter
UNC NLG is hosting a full week of events, including panels on:
- Criminality: State Violence and Social Control
- Carceral Labor and the Prison Industrial Complex
- Health Justice Beyond Bars
- Don’t Call the Cops: Building Alternatives to Policing
Brooklyn Law NLG Chapter
NLG students at Brooklyn Law will be hosting a Rikers Remembrance Event.
University of Iowa NLG Chapter
University of Iowa NLG is hosting a panel on alternatives to prisons, jails, and policing.
Brooklyn Law NLG Chapter
NLG students at NYU Law will be hosted a film screening for Time, a documentary by Garrett Bradley.
Pepperdine Law NLG Chapter
Pepperdine Law NLG will be hosting a full week of events, including panel
NLG students at Case Western Reserve Law hosted a full week of events, including a Record Sealing Clinic, panels on “Why Abolition? Why Decarceration?” “Scaling the Walls: Abolition, Community, and Conversation,” “Celly-Port: A Prison Cell on Wheels,” “Detention Centers and Mass Incarceration Immigration Practice,” a Movie Night with Justice for Our Children, and Social Discourse on Becoming Abolitionists.
Cleveland State Law NLG Chapter
Cleveland State NLG hosted two events:
- Film Screening: ATTICA: This is Not History, This is America
- Mass Incarceration; From the Attica Prison Uprising to the Cuyahoga County Jail
Indiana University – Maurer Law NLG Chapter
Maurer Law NLG hosted the following events:
- Care Not Cages Block Party
- Abolitionist Read-In
- Parenting in the Carceral State
Lewis and Clark Law NLG Chapter
Lewis and Clark Law NLG hosted the following events:
- Beyond These Walls Lunch Talk
- OR Legal Aid Lunch Talk
- Formerly Incarcerated Law Students Lunch Talk
- Record Expungement and Restorative Justice Lunch Talk
- Social Event at Willamette Park
TAMU Law NLG Chapter
TAMU Law NLG hosted the following events:
- Wrongful Convictions in Tarrant County Display
- Beyond Litigation: Restorative Justice
- Rethinking the Criminal Legal System