The following programming (CLEs, major panels, and workshops) are included with registration to the 2020 #Law4thePeople Convention! See the full Schedule of Events at nlg2020.sched.com.
To register, or for more information about the Convention, visit nlg.org/convention.
- The U.S. Empire, War, and the Law of Occupation (International Committee)
- Collectivized Legal Work Models and Coalition-Building for Rapid Response During Pandemics and Mass Demonstrations (Prisoner Legal Advocacy Network)
- Police Unions: What Is To Be Done? (Labor & Employment Committee)
*All NLG CLEs will have CLE credit pending through the state of California. Attendees are welcome to seek reciprocity from their bar associations in their respective states.
NOTE: The National Immigration Project of the NLG [NIPNLG] and the National Police Accountability Project of [NPAP] of the NLG will each present an additional full-day CLEs during the convention which are not included in general #Law4thePeople registration. Register for the NIPNLG CLE, “Outside the Box: Strategies to Fight for your Clients,” here. Registration for “Suing Cops in Pursuit of Accountability and Liberation: Cutting-Edge Tools, Strategies, and Discussions for Police Misconduct Litigators During an Uprising” will be made available through the NPAP website soon.
Major Panels (90 min)
- Crisis and Failed States: How the Pandemic Deepened the Police State
- Abolition is Not Conditional: Connecting Across Issue Areas
- Global Capital & the Disposability of Workers & the Poor in the COVID Era
- Disability Justice 101: Abolition Only When Addressing the Interconnectedness of Oppression
Workshops (60 min)
- Subpoena Defense for Mass Defense: Protecting our Communities
- Racism and Anti-Blackness: Cuba, Revolution and Black Liberation
- Housing as a Human Right in the Era of COVID-19
- Branding Protest as “Terrorist” and How We Resist
- Social Equity in the Cannabis Industry: Holding Corporations, Lawmakers, and the Media Accountable
- Organizing and Advocacy in Rural Communities