The National Lawyers Guild Foundation (NLGF) is pleased to announce the 2019 Guild Grants Program. The NLGF is soliciting grant proposals from NLG entities outside the National Office to support the educational and social justice goals of the Foundation, promote membership, and strengthen the Guild as a whole.
One-time grants ranging from $500 – $5,000 will be made available to NLG committees, chapters and other entities for educational campaigns and projects related to issues of legal and social importance to the NLG. These grants are not intended for general support or for the National Office, National Immigration Project, NPAP, or the Sugar Law Center.
Grant recipients will be selected by the NLGF Board of Directors based on how well the proposed project will promote membership in the NLG, strengthen programmatic work, and enhance coordination among Guild chapters, committees, and the National Office. Applicants must also meet the criteria listed below.
General criteria include:
- Financial need and demonstrated capacity to raise matching funds;
- Adequate administrative oversight and reporting of grant expenditures;
- Organizational capacity to carry out the proposed project including demonstrated record of success;
- Ability to obtain media coverage and reach prospective NLG members;
- Coordination with the NLG National Office to promote the work as part of the Guild’s overall work and provide examples of successful projects to other parts of the NLG; and
- Applicants must have, or be sponsored by an entity with, a bank account bearing a National Lawyers Guild-related name.
How to Apply:
Check out the video of last year’s Information Session which gives insight on how to prepare a competitive proposal and answers frequently asked questions.