Welcome to the DRUG POLICY COMMITTEE
The Drug Policy Committee (DPC) of the National Lawyers Guild (NLG) opposes the harms of America's War on Drugs, and advocates for policies that reduce those harms. We are lawyers, law students, and legal workers. We seek to educate ourselves and the public about drug policy issues and policy alternatives.
Read our most recent publication, "High Crimes: Strategies to Further Marijuana Legalization Initiatives."
Sign up for the committee using our Google form.
Co - Chairs
Our drug policy reform tactics include:
- Providing experts to speak or testify at drug policy events
- Helping writers to submit drug policy articles to law journals
- Forming drug policy committees of bar associations
- Organizing Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars
- Drafting and filing amicus curiae briefs in drug policy cases
- Providing legislative testimony on bills regarding drug policy
- Writing letters-to-the-editor about drug policy news articles
- Encouraging law schools to start drug policy-related clinics
- Mentoring law students interested in drug policy reform
We're members/supporters/leaders of these fine groups: