The National Lawyers Guild (NLG) calls on Congress and the Secretary of State John Kerry to oppose U.S. intervention in the ongoing conflict in Venezuela, as a violent campaign brought by Venezuela’s extreme right-wing opposition seeks to topple the recently elected government.
On October 7, 2012, over 80 percent of the Venezuelan electorate turned out to re-elect Hugo Chávez Frias as President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
Included in Volume 37, Issue Number 1:
- One law student's first legal observing experience on day one of Occupy Wall Street
- Occupy updates from New York, DC, Chicago, and the Bay Area
- Tennessee NLGers protest Alberto Gonzales
- A history of legal workers in the NLG
- Mumia, off of death row
- The Meikeljohn Institute continues the work of Guild founders
- Venezuela election observing