All Resources & Publications
See the petition that accompanies the press release: "NLG Files Petition Against U.S. for Human Rights Violations in Vieques."
Contact: Tasha Moro
212-679-5100 x 15
Today, the National Lawyers Guild, and several legal and social justice organizations called on Attorney General Eric Holder to direct the Bureau of Prisons to grant compassionate release to Lynne Stewart, whose medical condition continues to deteriorate.
This guide helps activists to identify potential legal issues and how they might be approached, and it also provides basic information about individual rights in a given situation. It includes sections on First Amendment rights and common ways that free speech rights are infringed, issues specific to campus activism, potential criminal charges arising from rights activism, and legal issues around boycott, divestment and sanctions campaigns.
NLG Review Volume 70, Number 2 includes the following articles:
- Cause of Action: Using International Human Rights Law to Advance Gay Rights by Nathan Madson and Jenny Odegard
- Gay Marriage: Accommodationist Demands Expand the Conception of Human Dignity by Zachary Wolfe
- The Army Goes Spying Along by Heidi Boghosian
- Book Review: The Terror Courts by Alan W. Clarke
- Response to Brett DeGroff's Book Review of The New Jim Crow by Richael Faithful
The honorees at this year’s convention exemplify the revolutionary spirit of 76 years of people’s lawyering. Join us in congratulating them by taking an ad in this year’s journal!
Want to learn more about this year's honorees? Click here to read a letter from the Excecutive Director.