On October 7, 2012, over 80 percent of the Venezuelan electorate turned out to re-elect Hugo Chávez Frias as President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
All Resources & Publications
A report analyzing the policing of demonstrations at the 2012 Republican and Democratic national conventions.
NLG Review Volume 69, Number 4 includes the following articles:
- The Future of Diversity by Erwin Chemerinsky
- I Beg Your Pardon: Maintaining the Absolute Ban on Torture Through the Presidential Pardon by Stacy Cammarano
- Social Justice in Turbulent Times: Critical Race Theory and Occupy Wall Street by Nick J. Sciullo
- Toward the Heart of Justice by Richael Faithful
- A review by Anne O'Berry of the book Rendition to Torture
Included in Volume 37, Number 4:
- An account of NLG support for the Coal Export Action in Montana
- A report from the national mobilization to support protests at the RNC and DNC
- A round-up of student chapter activity nationwide
- NLG election results
- Photos from the 75th anniversary convention in Pasadena
- Information about the NLG's new sexual harassment policy
- Ward Morehouse and Gustin Reichbach remembered
- An article about an NLG trip to monitor Venezuela's presidential election
This pocket-sized know-your-rights booklet is designed to be a practical resource for people dealing with law enforcement. The 16-page primer advises people of their rights when confronted by FBI agents or the Department of Homeland Security. It also includes information for noncitizens and minors. This booklet is available for free download below or in print by contacting the National Office.