The following proposed resolutions and bylaw amendments are published below were submitted to the Resolutions Committee, and were put to a vote by NLG membership at the convention plenaries at the Law for the People Convention in Chicago, September 5 and 6, 2014.
Those who were current dues-paid members of the NLG as of September 5, 2014, should go to nlg.org/vote to vote on contested resolutions, and bylaw amendments, as shown below. You are encouraged to click on the link for each resolution and bylaw amendment up for vote.
We encourage all members to review the slideshow Demystifying the Plenary: The Process for Participating in Voting, Candidates, Resolutions, Amendments prior to the Plenary.
- International Labor Justice Working Group Proposed Resolution: SUBMITTED FOR ONLINE VOTE OF THE FULL MEMBERSHIP
- Proposed Bylaw Amendment Section 8.4 (a-2): Obligating Another NLG Entity via Resolution Requires Consultation: SUBMITTED FOR ONLINE VOTE OF THE FULL MEMBERSHIP
- Proposed Bylaw Amendment Section 8.4 (a-3): Changing the Governance, Duties and Rights of NLG Entities Requires Consultation: SUBMITTED FOR ONLINE VOTE OF THE FULL MEMBERSHIP
- Cuban Five Proposed Resolution: PASSED
- Membership Committee Proposed Resolution: PASSED
- Puerto Rico Subcommittee Proposed Resolution: PASSED
- Proposed Resolution Condemning US Funding to Destabilize Progressive Governments in Latin America and Throughout the World: PASSED
- Proposed Amendment to NLG By-Law 4.1 on Project, Committee, and Task Force Annual Assessments: WITHDRAWN BY AUTHORS PRIOR TO PLENARIES
- Proposed Amendment to NLG By-Laws to Add a Section 4.5 to Section on Project, Committee and Task Force Annual Assessments: WITHDRAWN BY AUTHORS PRIOR TO PLENARIES
- Proposed Bylaw Amendment Section 8.4 (a-2) Resolution: WITHDRAWN BY AUTHORS PRIOR TO PLENARIES
- Emergency Resolution: NLG Urges US to Comply with Recommendations of Committee on Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD): PASSED
- Proposed Resolution to Put the NLG on Record as Anti-Capitalist Organization: FAILED